> Well that is our data on 45 specimen, repun on our MPA. Each time we repan  them, they were new specimen compared to their original values. In total we measured 300 separate measurements. About 45 to 50 new specimen each of the following time intervals: 4, 8, 16, 20 and 24 hours.
>
> I guess this is way we do experiments and not rely on imagination. Perhaps you would like to repeat the experiment yourself and let us know what you find.
>
> Sincerely
>
> Elizabeth Mac Namara
> Chief Dept. Diagnostic Medicine
> Jewish General Hospital
> Montreal
>

> On 2011-01-31, at 9:10 AM, Joel Goodman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> I can’t imagine that re-spinning “within 16 hours” has no significant effect on serum potassium or glucose levels.
>>
>> Impossible.
>>
>> If this were the case, why bother to use an SST at all, if testing will be completed within 16 hours of collection?

This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry.
Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.
ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk
Green Laboratories Work
http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk