From: [log in to unmask]" href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">toyin adepoju
To: [log in to unmask]" href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:46 AM
Subject: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] Fwd: ||NaijaObserver|| Self-confessed witch escapes lynching [ A REPORT FROM NIGERIA]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kay Odunaro <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 19 January 2011 07:31
Subject: ||NaijaObserver|| Self-confessed witch escapes lynching

Lead
                                Image

The suspected witch. Photo: PATIENCE OGBO

Self-confessed witch escapes lynching

By Patience Ogbo

January 19, 2011 02:03AM
Print print Email email Share Share

Residents of Gowon Estate area of Lagos woke early Tuesday to the startling discovery of a young lady on the roof of a three-story building.

The lady, who refused to give her name, claimed she was a witch on a mission. She further revealed that she flew from Obubra in Cross River State, to afflict her victim with epilepsy in Lagos. However, her supposed mission was not accomplished because, according to her, on reaching 4 Iwajuwa Street, dogs in the area started barking, resulting in her losing her balance in the air. The loud bang on the roof of the three-story building was said to have jolted the tenants from sleep at about 3am.

Occupants of the building, who said they mistook the sound as an explosion, could, however, not come out to ascertain the cause of the sound until 5am, when they reportedly heard a strange noise from the top of the building. The unidentified lady was thereafter brought down where she reportedly revealed her mission, following which an angry mob descended on her.

She later turned violent, throwing stones and dangerous objects. At this stage, the onlookers took to their heels, with mothers calling out to their children to leave the scene. But some brave young men were able to disarm her and were at the verge of lynching her when police officers from Gowon Estate arrived and took her away.

Response:

 to NaijaObservernaijaexcelNaijaPoliticsNIgerianWorldF.omooduayahootalkniga
show details 07:53 (47 minutes ago)

Images are not displayed.
Display images below - Always display images from [log in to unmask]

Psychotic- schizophrenic woman requiring medical attention, but would now be languishing in a police cell and perhaps later to be freed to wander around or maybe to be transferred to a prison to rot there without really being charged with any offence. That is the Nigerian way.__._,_.___

Recent Activity:
.