Dear friends,

As I struggle with the disappointment from learning that I have not just "met" one of my heroines (what next? discovering that the man three doors down is not really Keith Richards? pshaw!), I have an academic related kind of question.

After reading all of these interesting books for some years and not having many people to talk with them about, I've pulled together an online course/discussion group on ritual theory - running people through classics like Turner and J.Z Smith, but also Catherine Bell and our own Sabina Magliocco. I would very much prefer to meet in person to talk about these books, but Skype it is, because of the distances involved.

What experiences have people had with co-ordinating or participating in these distance education things? In this general field, particularly? I've always shied away from "virtual covens" or ditance education (I'm too verbal, maybe).

Best wishes,

Sam Wagar (Screaming Lord Sutch has already been taken!)