Both these modulated versions (mwrp* or m0wrp*) allready accounts for different head sizes in the data; there is no need for further corrections for head size in the statistical model (which would be eg adding TIV as a covariate), am I right?

The answer depends on the question. See http://dbm.neuro.uni-jena.de/vbm/segmentation/modulation/. If you use modulation (affine+non-linear) then you are looking at absolute volume differences and if you include TIV, then you are looking at regional volume differences. The former will show all voxels in the brain if the whole brain shrinks or expands even if the non-linear warps are 0.

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.
Research Fellow, Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School
Office: (773) 406-2464
This e-mail contains CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION which may contain PROTECTED HEALTHCARE INFORMATION and may also be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED and which is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of the e-mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you are in possession of confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail unintentionally, please immediately notify the sender via telephone at (773) 406-2464 or email.