I came across this interesting piece in my local paper at the weekend.

Article courtesy of the Courier & Advertiser  Weekend supplement
Network by Giles Turnbull (www.gilest.org) - Sat 18/12/2010

Can't print, won't print
We've all send requests at the end of email messages, imploring us not to
print, to think of the trees instead. Now the World Wide Fund for Nature
(WWF) has created its own digital document format for computers, with the
suffix .wwf (instead of .doc or .docx or .pdf you might be used to). WWF
files look the same but have one crucial difference: they can't be printed
at all. WWF hopes we will all install its software package and send WWF
documents around to discourage printing and save paper. The download is
only available for MACs right now, Windows software is "coming soon".
http://www.saveaswwf.com/en

How is that for a revolutionary way to cut paper and make a leap of faith
in a truly digital world?

I am sure everyone of us would feel uncomfortable selecting the WWF option
"just in case" we need to print that document one day..... (and of course
the true digital records manager amongst us will ask loads of questions
about the accessibility over time!).

Still, a development worth mentioning!

Regards,

Edith

Edith Pringault-Adam
Information and Records Manager
Aberdeenshire Council

Tel: 07767618856

Working Monday to Wednesday

This e-mail may contain privileged information intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please accept our apologies and notify the sender, deleting the e-mail afterwards. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the e-mail's author and do not necessarily represent those of Aberdeenshire Council.
www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk