Dear all,

Unfortunately only 5 minutes of this TV film includes Florence Nightingale
as in  RadStats #102.  It looks interesting though.

Janet Shapiro

Hello all,

I am sending this e-mail to:

1. All of those who know I was filmed in April for this BBC documentary on
The Joy of Stats, which  will be shown tomorrow (Tuesday, 7 December) on
BBC4  at 9pm. The four and a half hours of  filming in the Parliamentary
Archvie, where I talked
about Victorian statisticians, but mainly Florence Nightingale,  was cut to
about five minutes of Nightingale

2. Friends and colleagues who know about the work I do

3. And to anyone, mainly other statisticians, who are interested in
statistics, as the bulk of the programme is a lighthearted exploration of
the world of statistics, narrated by the Swedish and UNESCO statistician,
Hans Rosling

For those of you who miss it tomorrow and want to see it, you can access the
BBC website , where it will be shown until 14 December. Otherwise, there
will be a website where it  can be accessed, and once the prodcuer needs to
tell me the name of the webstie I can let anyone know who is interested.

Here is  a 4 minute excerpt from the film which the producers  put up on
YouTube a few days ago as a preview, which  has already gone viral, and a
quarter of a million people have already  downloaded it.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbkSRLYSojo>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbkSRLYSojo .

With  best wishes

Eileen

Please note that if you press the 'Reply' button your
message will go only to the sender of this message.
If you want to reply to the whole list, use your mailer's
'Reply-to-All' button to send your message automatically
to [log in to unmask]
Disclaimer: The messages sent to this list are the views of the sender and cannot be assumed to be representative of the range of views held by subscribers to the Radical Statistics Group. To find out more about Radical Statistics and its aims and activities and read current and past issues of our newsletter you are invited to visit our web site www.radstats.org.uk.