I rather agree, but a non-statistician I know discussed the programme with
me today was very interested and engaged by the ideas, so something like
this could cut through some of the negativity around statistics and data
collection.

A big difficulty is that people gain the impression that data, once loaded
into appealing animated charts, just speaks for itself. As we know this
often just isn't the case, given data quality issues and the presence of
hidden factors that induce correlation. It does point to the dangers, and
opportunities, in the avalanche of data people want to put out in future and
our responsibilities as statisticians to continue to explain and interpret
findings.

Chris