September 30th past I read and lectured at Kelly
Writers House in Philadelphia for my anthology
The Whole Island: Six Decades of Cuban Poetry (UC
Press). The video is at
http://media.sas.upenn.edu/watch/102088 , the mp3
at
http://media.sas.upenn.edu/pennsound/authors/Weiss/KWH_09-30-2010/Weiss-Mark_The-Whole-Island-reading_Writers-Without-Borders_KWH-Upenn_09-30-10.mp3.

Best,

Mark

New from Chax Press: Mark Weiss, As Landscape.
$16.  Order from http://www.chax.org/poets/weiss.htm

"What a beautiful set of circumstances! What a
lovely concatenation of particulars. Here is the
poet alive in every sense of the word, and
through every one of his senses. Instead of
missing a beat or a part, Weiss’ fragments are
like Chekhov’s short stories­the more that gets
left out, the more they seem to contain… One can
hear echoes from all the various
ancestors...[but] the voice, at its center, its
core, is pure Mark Weiss. His use of the fragment
is both elegant and bafflingly clear, a pure
musical threnody…[it] opens a window, not only
into a mind, but a person, a personality, this
human figure at the emotional center of the poem."

M.G. Stephens, in Jacket.
http://jacketmagazine.com/40/r-weiss-rb-stephens.shtml