I like this too, Barry, & together they seem to 'set out' a felt sense
of space & what might inhabit it, as words on that white do.

Doug
On 8-Dec-10, at 12:34 PM, Barry Alpert wrote:

> SARAH SZE
>
> just put it down and backed out of the space,
> squeezed out of the architecture
> (those clamps actually do nothing)
> built beyond its own capacity to support itself.
>
> Blankets the architecture if you will
> sculpture made out of paint.
> Piece itself had a kind of behavior /
> waxed and waned as you move thru it.
>

> Barry Alpert / Silver Spring MD US / 12-8-10 (2:32 PM)
>
> Initially drafted simultaneously with last week's snap, but revised
> later.  No conscious attempt to combine into a sonnet, but perhaps
> they work together thus.  In case you feel that you'd like to know
> more about the artist, this very polished interview should be useful:
>
> http://www.brooklynrail.org/2010/10/art/phong-bui-with-sarah-sze
>
> Here's how I would combine the two snaps:
>

> SARAH SZE’s
>
> studio itself had become
> a piece that had grown into the architecture,
> ran into a Richard Artswager that was down there,
> a car that I chopped up into 5 pieces,
> how empty or full spaces--
>
> sculpture, primarily gravity, levitated the piece.
>

> SARAH SZE
>
> just put it down and backed out of the space,
> squeezed out of the architecture
> (those clamps actually do nothing)
> built beyond its own capacity to support itself.
>
> Blankets the architecture if you will
> sculpture made out of paint.
> Piece itself had a kind of behavior /
> waxed and waned as you move thru it.

Douglas Barbour

http://www.ualberta.ca/~dbarbour/
http://eclecticruckus.wordpress.com/

Latest books:
Continuations (with Sheila E Murphy)
http://www.uap.ualberta.ca/UAP.asp?LID=41&bookID=664
Wednesdays'
http://abovegroundpress.blogspot.com/2008/03/new-from-aboveground-press_10.html

There was the usual amount of corruption, intimidation, and rioting.

                     Sir Charles Petrie