http://www.americansuburbx.com/2009/05/interview-john-tusa-interviews-david.html

Interview with David Hockney...

DH: Because I'm interested in depiction, representation, therefore
you're interested in photography. You don't ignore it. What is it? Does
the world look like that? Most people think it does, even I did then.
But slowly I began to use cameras and then think about what it was that
was going on. It took me a long time, I mean I actually played with
cameras and photography for about 20 years. It all took me back to the
hands actually, that's what it did, but it took a long time, er.
--
have chronic fatigue syndrome so may be delayed in reply or brain fog weird

just to let you know that's all, Chris Jones.

Blog: http://abdevpoetics.blogspot.com/