I liked the image a few weeks ago, when autumn was still here, of an egret
poised upon a horse's back in the sunshine amid the chicken trees and live
oaks.

--
Marthe Reed
Director of Creative Writing

http://www.ucs.louisiana.edu/~mxr5675/home.html

http://nous-zot.blogspot.com/

http://www.blackradishbooks.org/Reed.html
The biplane shuttles through the telegraph wires.
The fountain sings the same old song.
At the cab-drivers' bar, the drinks are orange,
but the eyes of the engine drivers are white.
The lady has lost her smile in the woods.

--Philippe Soupault