My pennies worth: My husband has a business where his staff are exposed to extremes of temperature and at this time of year he buys everyone extra thermals, fleece jackets and additional thick socks, insulated hats and gloves. This is regardless of what they were given last year. Although it does cost a bit he can claim some of the cost back through taxes and finds that it creates such good will and a cheerful workforce that it's worth every penny spent!

Best

Tristi

Sent from my iPhone

On 17 Dec 2010, at 08:40, Chris Packham <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Note that the definition of personal protective equipment includes clothing
> to protect against the weather, so there could be a regulatory argument that
> if she is suffering as a result of her exposure, required as part of her
> job, then the Council has a duty to provide suitable clothing.
>
> Chris
>
> Chris Packham
> FRSPH, FInstSMM, MCMI, MIIRSM, MBICSc
> EnviroDerm Services
> Unit 10, Building 11, The Mews, Mitcheldean, GL17 0SN
> Tel: +44 1386 832 311 (office), +44 1386 830 554 (home)
> Mobile: +44 7818 035 898

> Please remove this footer before replying.
>
> OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/occ-health.html
>
> CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/filearea.cgi?LMGT1=OCC-HEALTH