Thanks for the kind words!

Personally, I find the Man of Sorrows ivory the most elegant that I have
posted so far
http://www.kornbluthphoto.com/images/ManSorrows.jpg
and I have always loved the Miracles of Christ ivory, even without its
other half (in Berlin)
http://www.kornbluthphoto.com/images/MiraclesIv1.jpg
I have photographed a great many more ivories, but as always, posting
happens when I get the time. Since the latest photos are born digital,
they at least need less processing than older slides, often only the
removal of glare and distracting backgrounds.

I don't think that the large stone Faustinus
http://www.kornbluthphoto.com/HistSculpture4.html
is unfinished. Rather, it is in a rough cookie-cutter style without
rounding or undercutting. I found that style interesting, and so
photographed the angled views that show it off. I always want to know
what the sides and backs of 3D objects look like when I see front views,
so whenever I can I shoot those as well. In the past, that was limited
by the price of film and processing. Now it usually depends on the
circumstances of display. I was able to get angled views of the Louvre
ivories when those were near the sides of the display cases (Muses,
Miracles, pyxides). When you see a great many photos of one object (e.g.
the Dagulf Psalter cover ivories
http://www.kornbluthphoto.com/CarolingianIvories1.html
now including an overall view with better color than before) or full
front and back views of small items (e.g. the seal matrix of Godwine and
Godgytha), the objects have been taken out of their cases for my
research. (You can blame me for some of the times when objects you
wanted to see were not on display!)

The apple reliquary was a surprise to me
http://www.kornbluthphoto.com/images/AppleRel2.jpg
--it seems that every museum has some form I have not encountered
before. Presumably it, like tablet reliquaries, buckle reliquaries, etc.
held whatever relics the owner could get (though I do like the idea that
some church treasury somewhere has preserved a bit of the original
Forbidden Fruit). Maybe this just reveals my sweet tooth, but it
forcefully reminds me of the Droste chocolate oranges I used to get
--something like this from the web, with no implied endorsement of the
vendor
http://store.candywarehouse.com/darkorangeball.html

best,
Genevra