APOLOGIES FOR CROSS POSTING

Dear all

I was asked by a number of people on various medieval lists to send out an
announcement when the English Parish Church through the Centuries DVD-Rom
was published. The resource was published in the early autumn and I
apologise that this notice is only coming out now - the delay is due to
sheer exhaustion (editing well over 1 million words from 225 contributors
has that effect!).

Some information: "The English Parish Church through the Centuries: daily
life & spirituality, art & architecture, literature & music " provides
introductions to the latest research on parish churches and the influence
of Christianity on literature, music, art and society with nearly 2000
images from national and international collections, 3-D models of the
development of church interiors and exteriors, specially-recorded music
from the Anglo-Saxon period onwards, and individual case studies of over 30
churches. As with all our resources there are discounts for class orders.

See http://www.york.ac.uk/projects/christianityandculture/ or for a preview
of Eamon Duffy's wonderful filmed introduction to the glories of Ranworth
Church in Norfolk (worth the purchase price alone!) go to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wjYn-8jW-g

best wishes

Dee

--
Dr Dee Dyas
Director, Centre for the Study of Christianity and Culture

www.york.ac.uk/projects/christianityandculture/
www.york.ac.uk/projects/pilgrimage/

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]