From: lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Helen Leech [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 10 December 2010 15:15
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Are you using Mailchimp?

Is anybody using Mailchimp (www.mailchimp.com)?  It looks ideal for what we want to do - send out an e-newsletter to our members - but I have a horrible foreboding that my employer will take a dim view of me cutting and pasting library members' email addresses into a commercial website.  It would be useful to find out if anybody's explored the legal and security issues, so that I don't have to!

Apologies for cross posting.
Many thanks
Helen Leech
Surrey Library Service

This email and any attachments with it are intended for the
addressee only. It may be confidential and may be the subject of
legal and/or professional privilege.
sender or [log in to unmask]
The content may be personal or contain personal opinions and
cannot be taken as an expression of the County Council's position.
Surrey County Council reserves the right to monitor all incoming
and outgoing mail. Whilst every care has been taken to check this
e-mail for viruses, it is your responsibility to carry out any
checks upon receipt.

Visit the Surrey County Council website -
http://www.surreycc.gov.uk

'Disclaimer: You should be aware that all e-mails received and sent by this Council are subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and therefore may be disclosed to a third party. (The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be privileged and confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the addressee).  The views expressed may not be official policy but the personal views of the originator.  If you are not the addressee any disclosure, reproduction, distribution, other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error please return it to the originator and confirm that you have deleted all copies of it.
All messages sent by this organisation are checked for viruses using the latest antivirus products.  This does not guarantee a virus has not been transmitted.   Please therefore ensure that you take your own precautions for the detection and eradication of viruses.'