Hi,

see the randomise help page on the FMRIB web pages for an explanation on what the number of permutations ("n") is all about.

http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/randomise/index.html

Basically, it is the precision you determine your p-value with that increases with n. 5000 is actually the lower limit, 10000 are "better".

Cheers,
Cornelius