That makes me realise that another unseen photograph in Psycho is the one of Marion which Arbogast gets Norman to look at. The first time he presents it to him it isn't seen at all; the second time it's glimpsed VERY briefly when he proffers it, but not when Norman is looking at it (Norman then dubs it "not a very good picture"). This in turn makes me realise that of course what an unseen photograph will usually come down to (I would imagine) is the denial of a P.O.V shot - which might tell us we're watching a particular type of film, or relating to a character in a particular way.