At the risk of sounding a bit like Ralph Wiggum from Der Simpsons, I
quite like Showgirls.

In fact, I did not write about Showgirls in my unpublished paper,
"There be girls in them there hills: Showgirls as quisquiliological
metametapalimpsest."

In this paper, I conducted audience research upon myself and
discovered that, in the mid-1990s context of my organ being without a
body for a long time, Showgirls provided adequate ersatz body through
the cultural act known in Showgirls fan circles as an "Elizabeth
Berkleys Bank."

On the question of ongoing studies of the film and subsequent stage
manifestations, I might also refer readers to Nick Salvato, 'Tramp
Sensibility and the Afterlife of Showgirls,' in Theatre Journal, 58:4
(December 2006), pp. 633-648.  This also references Chuck Kleinhans in
discussing trash and the film, but hopefully not in an erroneous
fashion.

As for the former Vincennes and Deleuze student Bill Harris, well, I
am sure there are plenty more catfish in the sea.

Given that this is Christmas, I hope that everyone is

Out of Office

Season's best, muddyfunsters.

--
Film-Philosophy
After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to