General Practitioner, Leiston, Suffolk
Hon Sen Lecturer, School of Medicine, Health Policy and Practice, University of East Anglia
GP CPD Director, Suffolk

On 2 Dec 2010, at 08:14, Fell Greg wrote:

good point
and yes is the answer
but I, personally, am principally concerend with the primary care stuff. In the English health care system tests ordered within hospital are covered within tariffs - so therefore payers dont pay so directly as those in primary care
that said, needless tests to contribute to cost inflation more broadly.
I will circulate final list when trail goes cold.

________________________________

From: Evidence based health (EBH) on behalf of Anthony Cummins
Sent: Thu 02/12/2010 07:38
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: "needless" path or biochem or imaging tests ordered from primary care

In the interests of fairness I assume that you are applying this to hospital junior staff who would generally use much less discretion in ordering tests than GPs?

Dr. Anthony Cummins MRCGP
Lecturer/ Academic Researcher
Dept of General Practice & HRB Primary Care Research Centre
RCSI Medical School
Beaux Lane House
Lower Mercer Street
Dublin 2
T +35314028604
E [log in to unmask]
W www.hrbcentreprimarycare.ie
Mon, Tues & Thur only. At other times please phone departmental secretaries directly on 014022304 or 2306