From: Farhad Shokraneh <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Fri, 3 December, 2010 18:09:53
Subject: Re: Clinical Trials Registries

Hi Jon

I don't know why you selected these three registries, I already used ClinicalTrials.gov and controlled-trials.com and they are very good, however as you know, the characteristics of patients are different in different countries and ethnic populations, and according to EBM definition I suggest you to index all of available registers. In this way you'll make available best evidences from different countries for patients with different nationality.
It was just a suggestion for internationalization of TRIP, any way you already knew all of these. I hope there is no limitation (Cost, size, etc) for you to index following registries:

The Register Network

Australian New Zealand Clinical Trials Registry
Chinese Clinical Trial Register
Clinical Trials Registry - India
International Standard Randomised Controlled Trial Number Register
Sri Lanka Clinical Trials Registry

The Netherlands National Trial Register

Iranian Registry of Clinical Trials

The ICMJE acceptable registries

Australia

Japan
Netherlands
UK
US
WHO clinical register network

About the search features, I think the age-specificity (at least age groups), randomization, registry Centre, Reg. No., and number of participants are important for the user.

I always appreciate your attempts for TRIP (and also recently TILT).

Farhad