From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Simon Bloor
Sent: 16 December 2010 11:38
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Disabled Students in Higher Education - NMH Charter

Further to this...I do think caution needs to be exercised before rushing to judgement concerning the reasons for apparent inconsistency.

Colleagues across the sector have done, in my opinion, an amazing job in developing high quality support arrangements "in spite" of the funding system and challenges evident within the system - not least that the funding in HE is made available to the individual - as opposed to the principle used in statutory education and FE - where funding is made available to the schools / institutions - allowing for a higher level of anticipation, planning and co-ordination.

Hopefully, the work done to date and planned on The Charter and the greater exposure of what's available in different institutions (with costs etc) will serve to be a natural catalyst for a greater level of consistency. I sense a wish for this to happen and a preparedness to learn from others in the interests of further positive developments.

Yours - Simon Bloor - Access SUMMIT