It's also worth flagging that there have been very sigificant anxieties expressed about the extent to which institutions have engaged with the legislative requirement to seek the active participation of disabled staff in FE/HE (see for instance the Commission for Disabled Staff in Lifelong Learning report).  There is arguably general / widespread / systemic legislative non-compliance / discrimination in this respect - especially in regards to equality impact assessments.  If we are to fully embrace inclusivity for students we also need to consider the role of disabled staff as role models.

Joel

________________________________

From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff. on behalf of Kate Byford
Sent: Thu 02/12/2010 16:53
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: FW: Consulting and Engaging with Disabled Students

To amend my previous email, the Strategic approach to disabled student engagement guidance was a joint publication between the Higher Education Academy and ECU.

Apologise for miss-referencing whose who produce the guidance.

Kate Byford
Senior Policy Adviser
Tel: 020 7438 1020
Mobile: 07889 630 096
Email: <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]