*With apologies for cross posting*

To mark the end of our JISC funded project on digitisation skills and strategies, LIFE-SHARE are holding a Digital Collaboration Colloquium on Tuesday 29th March 2011 at the University of Sheffield. The focus of this event is collaborative digital content, to include all areas of the digital lifecycle from content creation through metadata to preservation and long term storage, and everything else in between.

The aim of the Colloquium is not only to share past experiences of collaboration but also to start new conversations about future possibilities. To help achieve this we are planning a combination of presentations, a roundtable and Pecha Kucha (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pecha_Kucha) style sessions. A prize will be awarded to the best Pecha Kucha session as voted for by delegates.

We are inviting applications for Pecha Kucha sessions to reflect the topic of digital collaboration. We would be particularly interested to receive proposals about innovative approaches, benefits and pitfalls, and future plans for collaboration.

Please submit a description of your presentation in no more than 300 words to [log in to unmask] by 31st January. Notification of acceptance will be sent out by the 18th February.

More details about other speakers and registration for the event will follow in the new year.

Best wishes,

Beccy Shipman

LIFE-SHARE Project Manager

Health Sciences Library