Hello all,

here are some notes from the Pittsburgh meeting.
-----

Liddy Nevile began the meeting with introductory discussion, and
showed a video provided by Ana Alice Baptista, in which Ana explained
the agenda of the event, including the following: the need to discuss
the name of the community, the possibility for future group work, and
the current findings of the DC-Social Tagging application profile.

It turned out that most participants were new to the community, so the
discussion moved on to a general brainstorm about tagging: the types
of tagging, possible uses, how to gather tags, and so forth.
Requirements of various use cases for social tagging systems were
discussed.

I arrived somewhat late, I'm afraid, as I'd managed to double-book
myself across two different conferences in the same hotel - but I must
say that the conversation seemed animated and knowledgeable, and had
already resulted in several pages of notes!

Reviewing specific agenda points:

We discussed the possibility of a name change; there seemed a
widespread feeling that perhaps the community might want to consider
changing their name to something that covered the full span of the
subjects under discussion - for example, "Social Web Community."
Please feel free to let us know what you think!

We discussed a few possible questions of interest for group work. One
suggestion was the perennially important
"How, in a professional context, is social tagging actually working?"
*If you have a question that you'd like to put to the community, or a
suggestion for future group work, let us know!*
A challenge was identified - the need to 'clean up' user-contributed
terms - sounds like an important area to take into account in future
development for the SocialWeb DCAP.

The development of a proposal for joint work on the SocialWeb DCAP
remains a priority area for the group -  maybe Elisabete Catarino
might agree to take the lead in this area?

Finally - it was suggested that the group would benefit from closer
links with the DC-Provenance task group.

-----

Many thanks to Ana and Eva, Liddy for facilitating an excellent
session, and to Greg Tourte for technical support!

Regards,

Emma