----- Forwarded Message ----
From: James A. Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
To: ICSPP <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, 19 December, 2010 14:59:29
Subject: [ICSPP] Wired

If you have not already obtained a copy, go immediately to the nearest news stand and obtain a copy of the January 2011 issue of WIRED, one of the most popular and influential technology journals in the world.  Turn to page 126 and read the article by Gary Greenberg.  The title of the article is "The Book of Woe: Inside the Struggle to Define Mental Health."  I'd love to add quotes from the article, but I'd end up quoting so much that I would be guilty of plagiarism.  The best option is to go get the magainze and read the article and then share it with everyone you know.

Some of you may already know Greenberg, who is also the author of Manufacturing Depression: The Secret History of a Modern Disease.

Happy Holidays everyone!

jt

- - - - - - -
James A. Tucker, Ph.D.
College of Health, Education, and Professional Studies
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
615 McCallie Avenue
Chattanooga, TN  37403-2598

"Leadership is an action everyone can take, not a position few can hold."   Paul Schmitz, Public Allies

"Never doubt that a small group of dedicated individuals can  change the world.  In fact, it is the only thing that ever has."     Margaret Mead

Recent Activity:
    .

    ___________________________________ The Community Psychology List has a new website/blog at: http://www.communitypsychology.co.uk/ There is a threaded discussion forum: http://www.communitypsychology.co.uk/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi There is a twitter feed: http://twitter.com/CommPsychUK To post on the website blog, forum or twitter feed, contact Grant or David at the email addresses below. David Fryer ([log in to unmask]) or Grant Jeffrey ([log in to unmask]) To unsubscribe or to change your details on this COMMUNITYPSYCHUK list, visit the website: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=COMMUNITYPSYCHUK