I can't say I'm surpprised: think it will have to do with:-
1) The BPS has a rather ponderous way of responding to consultations -
I've volunteered to help respond to the social care one so I'm getting
some experience of this.  Those who volunteer have to draft the
response, and the danger is that it will just follow the parameters of
the government's fake consultation process.
2)  The emphasis is on using scientific evidence to frame the response.
This is consistent with the self image of hte BPS as a scientific
society - and with ideological reasings of psychology as science.
Together this means that it is probably unlikely that the BPS will issue
a statement such as those below.

Mark

--

/*From: */*Mark Burton* <http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=4304478>

*37 Chandos Rd South*

*Chorlton*

*Manchester*

*M21 0TH*

*Telephone: */*h*/*0161 881 6887*

/forthcoming/: Critical Community Psychology: Critical Action and Social
Change
<http://www.amazon.co.uk/Critical-Community-Psychology-Action-Textbooks/dp/1405188847/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1283018965&sr=8-1>

/available/: A Green Deal for the Manchester-Mersey
Bioregion<http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=4304478>/and/The
Replacement Economy. <http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=4304478>

http://greendealmanchester.wordpress.com/

The Community Psychology List has a new website/blog at:
http://www.communitypsychology.co.uk/
There is a threaded discussion forum:
http://www.communitypsychology.co.uk/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi
There is a twitter feed:
http://twitter.com/CommPsychUK
To post on the website blog, forum or twitter feed, contact Grant or David at the email addresses below.
David Fryer ([log in to unmask]) or Grant Jeffrey ([log in to unmask])