I would be interested both in contributing and in collaborating, as I have
prepared documents regarding this topic previously (e.g., as a co-author and
member of Professionals Concerned with Gender Diagnoses in the DSM and
elsewhere) and feel this task is very important. I would also reiterate my
caution not to cast Zucker solely as 'anti-gay' nor his methods with
children who have self-designated, non-assigned genders as 'anti-gay', as
this represents an inaccurate and unhelpful erasure of his focus on
violating children's ability to determine and express their own gender. As
Jemma's work reveals, there are numerous distinct issues with Zucker's
approach to psychology that range from gender to sexual orientation, from
sexual assault to service engager autonomy. I think there is room for
multiple voices and multiple perspectives here, while being careful not to
obscure one issue even as we may each focus on another.

Gavi

--
Mr Y. Gavriel Ansara, MSc (PhD Candidate)
席嘉力  آتش جاوید  גבריאל‏ יוסף

'Zoos are full, prisons are overflowing... my, how the world still dearly
loves a cage.' -Maude

٠•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•٠·˙
PhD Researcher & Academic Tutor
University of Surrey, Department of Psychology
http://www.psy.surrey.ac.uk/index.htm

Founder & Co-Coordinator, Critical Psychology at Surrey
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373193592940&ref=ts

Teaching Faculty, The Kerulos Ctr
http://kerulos.org/

Contributing Author, Counselling Ideologies: Queer Challenges to
Heteronormativity
http://www.ashgate.com/isbn/9780754676836

Member & Co-Author, Professionals Concerned with Gender Diagnoses in the DSM
http://www.professionals.gidreform.org/

Former Founding Director & Former Founding Advocates Programme
Co-Supervisor, Lifelines Rhode Island/Cuerdas de Salvamento
http://lifelinesri.org/

Speaker on Multicultural Issues, Organisation Intersex International (OII)
http://intersexualite.org/Gavi.html

The Community Psychology List has a new website/blog at:
http://www.communitypsychology.co.uk/
There is a threaded discussion forum:
http://www.communitypsychology.co.uk/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi
There is a twitter feed:
http://twitter.com/CommPsychUK
To post on the website blog, forum or twitter feed, contact Grant or David at the email addresses below.
David Fryer ([log in to unmask]) or Grant Jeffrey ([log in to unmask])