On 03/12/10 08:06, Alistair Irvine wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having a problem that my 3D data seems to often create a second set of contour lines in my 3D data.  The extra contours overlay approximately with the original contours, but not precisely, resulting in rather messy looking peaks.
>
> Does anybody know what would be causing the duplication of contours?
> The problem seem to happen fairly randomly upon certain operations.  For example, if I load a 3D spectra into a window of x=1H, y=15N, z=13C dimensions it looks fine, with only the original set of contours.  But if I then display the spectrum in a new orthogonal window, where x=1H, y=13C, z=15N, the same spectrum is display with two sets of overlaid contours.  The same thing often happens when I try to Pick & Assign From Roots.
>
> I've tried modifying the contour settings, but both sets of contours are linked to the same positive and negative settings.
>
> My 2D spectra (HSQCs) do not have this problem.
>
> I've tried deleting the spectra and reloading them into the project, but this does not resolve the problem.
> Im using Analysis 2.1 on Linux.
>
> Regards,
> Alistair

Hi Alistair,

this is because you didn't set the sickness for view in z direction
correctly. Try to shrink the z slider with the middle mouse button to a
minimum and you will have only one contour line.

In case you want to have a projection of your 3D, you can do the
opposite. But be warned, this is very resource intensive.

justin

--
Justin Lecher
Institute of Structural Biology and Biophysics