Hello Teresa,

c = x/(N.V)

where x=number of molecules per unit cell,  N=Avogadro's number, V=volume of the unit cell in liter, c=concentration in molar

Cheers

Filip

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Teresa De la Mora <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi all

I'm looking for a way to calculate the protein concentration in a single crystal. So what I'm thinking is to use the Matthew's number to calculate how many molecules inside the crystal, then multiply that number by Avogadro's number to get moles then divide by volume of crystal. Is this approach correct?

Thank you for your advice/suggestion

Happy holidays! :)

Teresa

Teresa De la Mora-Rey Ph.D.
Dept. Medicinal Chemistry
University of Minnesota
8-101 Weaver-Densford Hall
308 Harvard St. SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
Lab phone (612) 626-5226
"If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good" Dr. Seuss

--
Filip Van Petegem, PhD
Assistant Professor

phone: +1 604 827 4267