If there are backbone NMR assignments available then, definately a pH titration using HSQCs would give site specific information.  These are easy experiments if someone can help you set them up.
The perturbations should map to the inter-domain interface.

If there are no assignments for the protein, spectral changes in response to pH would be harder to interpret.  You could try FRET by introducing two probes - one in each domain.

Roopa

From: CCP4 bulletin board [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jacob Keller [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 12:15 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] pH dependent conformational change

Wouldn't a HSQC of 15N-labeled protein be a relatively easy yes/no experiment? Maybe it would not be incredibly definitive?

Jacob

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 11:10 AM, Mischa Machius <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
Daniel,

You'll probably have to monitor pH changes through size changes of your protein, provided the structural changes will indeed cause size changes.

You said "easy", so that probably rules out Small-Angle X-Ray Scattering (SAXS), but that would be the highest-resolution method. You can try static and dynamic light scattering, analytical ultracentrifugation and fluorescence anisotropy. If you are really lucky, size exclusion chromatography might work too.

And then there are the "difficult" ways...

MM