POSTDOCTORAL POSITION IN MACROMOLECULAR CRYSTALLOGRAPHY, UNIVERSITY OF
QUEENSLAND, BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA

Applications are invited for a post-doctoral position in macromolecular
crystallography in the laboratory of Prof Bostjan Kobe at the School of
Chemistry and Molecular Biosciences (SCMB) and the Institute for Molecular
Bioscience (IMB), University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia.

The main area of study will involve characterization of three-dimensional
structures of proteins and protein complexes involved in innate immunity
pathways. Experience in molecular biology, protein purification,
macromolecular crystallography and protein/protein interaction analysis is
desirable.

The salary will be according to qualifications and experience, starting at
AUD$67,958. The position is available from January 2011.

University of Queensland is one of Australia's top universities. SCMB
combines the disciplines of chemistry, biochemistry & molecular biology,
microbiology and parasitology into a single academic unit. The laboratory is
located in a recently refurbished area of SCMB. SCMB and IMB are situated in
the beautiful St. Lucia campus on the Brisbane River.

State-of-the art equipment is available for all aspects of the work,
including FR-E X-ray generator /R-axis IV++ and Saturn 944 CCD X-ray
detectors, Mosquito crystallization robot and the Rock Imager imaging
system. There is regular access to the Australian Synchrotron.

Brisbane has been voted Australia's most liveable city and has a fantastic
subtropical climate. It is only a short drive from Australia's best beaches
and provides opportunities for all sorts of outdoors and cultural
activities.

For further information please see
http://www.seek.com.au/Job/postdoctoral-research-fellow/in/brisbane/18662165
, or contact Bostjan Kobe (telephone: +617-3365-2132, email

Please forward applications, including a cover letter, curriculum vitae and
contact details for three referees, by by 10 January 2011, to Bostjan Kobe
by email ([log in to unmask]) or post (Bostjan Kobe, SCMB, University of
Queensland, St. Lucia, Queensland 4072, Australia).

---
Bostjan Kobe
ARC Federation Fellow
Professor of Structural Biology
School of Chemistry and Molecular Biosciences
> and Institute for Molecular Bioscience (Division of Chemistry and Structural
> Biology) and Centre for Infectious Disease Research
Cooper Road
University of Queensland
Brisbane, Queensland 4072
Australia
Phone: +61 7 3365 2132
Fax: +61 7 3365 4699
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Office: Building 76 Room 329
Notice: If you receive this e-mail by mistake, please notify me, and do not
make any use of its contents. I do not waive any privilege, confidentiality
or copyright associated with it. Unless stated otherwise, this e-mail
represents only the views of the Sender and not the views of The University
of Queensland.