Hi Chris,

When Blackboard 7.3 was released Windows 7 and JRE 1.6.0_22 didn't exist, so it can't be expected to work with those.

If "Our problem is that as all University PC are currently moving to Windows 7"  then you really should upgrade Blackboard (and any other applications) to a version that is compatible with Windows 7.

Take Blackboard Academic Suite completely out of the equation, if you were talking about running an older version of MS office, or FrontPage 2002 would you expect that to work with windows 7?

On another note ' Is anybody out their using V7.3 and getting reports of errors with JRE update 22?' there are some issues relating to SSL changes with update 22 which may be causing the 'problems' you are seeing. Check that if you are using SSL that it is correctly signed

Blackboard  7.3 should work ok ish with IE8 as long as it's in compatibility mode.

=====================
Turning on Compatibility Mode in Internet Explorer 8

Issue
Some pages do not display correctly in Internet Explorer 8. Internet Explorer 8 is not certified with your version of Blackboard.

Symptoms
Page renders incorrectly in IE8, but is fine in Firefox and IE7.

Background Info
Internet Explorer 8 is not a certified browser in Blackboard 7 or older service packs in 8. In newer Blackboard releases, Internet Explorer 8 is certified "(Standards Mode Only)" and Compatibility View should not be used.

Resolution
In Internet Explorer:

Select Tools
Select Compatibility View Settings
Add your institution's blackboard address
Alternatively, if you are having problems with websites besides Blackboard, you can choose to check "Display all websites in Compatibility View" instead of explicitly adding your Blackboard website.

Regards
Garry