Hi all,

*Archives Hub Monthly Update: http://archiveshub.ac.uk/*

This Month We Feature: The Archives Hub and Copac
This Feature introduces Copac as a complementary service to the Hub. We feel strongly that by forging more links between the two services together we can help researchers to find a whole range of resources to help them with their research, whether it be letters, diaries, photographs, papers, monographs, journals, rare books, maps or audio visual materials.  Our future Features will look to provide researchers with information from both the Hub and Copac.  Copac is a huge database of over 30 million records, and it has widespread use, so we feel sure that we can bring more researchers to the Hub, and to archives, through this route.

Please do let us know if you would like us to run a Feature, and especially if you would like to write one for us. The Features are designed to showcase the wealth of archives represented on the Hub.

Archives Hub Blog
Recent blog posts include: 'Digital curation: think use, not preservation' and 'Opening the door to demonstrating value' (about our recent Contributors Forum). Read more at http://archiveshub.ac.uk/blog/

Twitter
We now have around 1700 followers on Twitter, and we follow most of them back (only excluding the dodgy looking ones!). We seek to use Twitter to provide news, highlight items of interest, and have a dialogue with colleagues and friends. You can follow us by going to: http://twitter.com/archiveshub

Locah Project on Linked Data
We are progressing well with our JISC-funded project to expose Hub and Copac descriptions as RDF for the Semantic Web, explore user benefits and identify opportunities and barriers.  You can read more about the project on the blog: http://blogs.ukoln.ac.uk/locah/

New Hub contributors
If you have colleagues at other archive repositories who are interested in contributing (or you think they should be interested!), then please do point them to the 'Archivists' section of our website, and in particular the Collection Policy: http://archiveshub.ac.uk/collectionpolicy/ and the Benefits: http://archiveshub.ac.uk/whycontribute/

With best wishes,
The Archives Hub Team

web: http://archiveshub.ac.uk
blog: http://archiveshub.ac.uk/blog