Many thanks for the many prompt replies that I have received from colleagues pointing me to this very useful WHO document:

http://whqlibdoc.who.int/hq/2002/WHO_DIL_LAB_99.1_Rev.2.pdf

Best wishes

Mohammad

From: Mohammad Al-Jubouri <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wed, 22 December, 2010 9:33:01
Subject: Analytes stability in post-centrifuged serum in gel tubes

Dear All,

Sorry to bring back this old chestnut, as there used to be a website with this info: http://www.diagnosticsample.com/samples.php3?lang=en

that is no longer in existence.

I would be grateful for information regarding analytes stability of separated serum in gel tubes stored in the fridge at 4C for up to 5 days, as we occaionally get retrospective requests on samples 3 - 5 days old.
Analytes may include: UEs, LFTs, amylase, Uric acid,  Calcium, lipids, CK, Troponin I, CKMB mass, TFTs, FSH, LH, Prolactin, testosterone, oestradiol, progesterone, BhCG, ferritin, B12, folate, drugs, PSA, CEA, CA125, AFP, vitamin D.

Many thanks and festive greetings.

Mohammad

Dr. M A Al-Jubouri, MB ChB, MSc, FRCP Edin, FRCPath
Consultant Chemical Pathologist

------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk Green Laboratories Work http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/