I was wondering whether anyone has any experience of sending samples to
Amsterdam Medical Centre for erythrocyte essential fatty acids ? Do you
have protocols for washing the cells prior to sending the sample, or do
you courier the whole blood sample prior to any sample prep ? Is there a
particular person to contact in Amsterdam ?

As far as I am aware nowhere in the UK offers the assay anymore although
plasma essential fatty acids are measured by the lab at West Park
Hospital, Epsom. If anyone knows any different please let me know.

Thanks,

Katherine Wright

Principal Biochemist

Alder Hey Childrens Hospital

Liverpool, UK

Tel : 0151 2525486

This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry.
Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.
ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk
Green Laboratories Work
http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk