From: Society for The Academic Study of Magic [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Samuel Wagar
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2010 11:45 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] massive copyright theft

The disclaimer might apply in some jurisdictions but in Canada the copyright in a work exists from the instant it is created, and there is no need to register anything. Proof is another matter, but a quick and cheap way of providing legal proof is to give the national archives two copies of whatever you publish.

This is likely the same pirated thing that's been going around for ages, with material lifted from PODSnet of fond memory. I'll check to see if any of my youthful maunderings made it into the compendium.

Blessings of Mercury, God of thieves,

Sam Wagar