Is anyone interested in the way that some people seem to *really dislike*
Ronald Hutton, see in particular the comment of "Carla" on Chas Clifton's
blog post about Ben Whitmore's new book "Trials of the Moon":

http://blog.chasclifton.com/?p=2111

Also Peg Aloi's blog The Witching Hour:

http://themediawitches.blogspot.com/2010/11/trials-of-moon-brief-critique.ht
ml

Whitmore's book earlier discussed here:

http://fraterbarrabbas.blogspot.com/2010/11/ronald-hutton-shibboleths-and-mo
onshine.html

And here:

http://wildhunt.org/blog/2010/11/pagan-community-notes-women-and-the-changin
g-face-of-paganism-pagan-health-mount-franklin-gathering-turns-30-and-more.h
tml

People seem to think that "academia" is some sort of malevolent monster out
to ruin Paganism. I'm surprised that some people (like Carla) obviously hate
Hutton so much. Gosh, I was really pleased when 'Triumph of the Moon' came
out, I even pre-ordered it from Borders and read it avidly every morning as
I breastfed my firstborn. Hutton didn't seem sloppy or unprofessional to
me... Am I just one of the deluded suckers of academia? (sarcasm)

Caroline Tully.

PhD Candidate

Centre for Classics and Archaeology

University of Melbourne