Actually, the cost could be very great, indeed - if it were seen to be
infringing copyright.  At least one of the journals in which I publish will
not allow us to host our own pre-print papers, while other journals do.  The
journal holds the copyright, as I understand it....

--
Dr. Janet Goodall
Research Fellow