Dear SPMers,
We have conducted a DARTEL/VBM Study to compare brain morphology in two subgroups of Schizophrenic patients. For the analysis we user the approach descriped in the spm8 Manual. However, I'm not sure about some specific issues of the Analysis:
1. Is normalizing to mni-Space reasonable in Schizophrenic patients (given that recent Meta-analyses indicate Morphologic differences between Schizophrenic & normal subjects)?
2. Regarding the statical analysis: Is it valid to restrict the group-comparison of Gray matter differences to the Gray matter by restricting (masking) the Analysis to Grey matter?
3. Most Studies use DARTEL/VBM to investigate Gray matter differences - should it be used to investigate White matter abnormalities?
Thanks & Kind regards

Ben