From: Lena Strid <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [ZOOARCH] Pathological fowl tibiotarsus
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Wednesday, November 17, 2010, 2:32 PM

Dear all,

I have a medieval fowl tibiotarsus where the marrow cavity has been significantly reduced by internal bone growth. It doesn't look like medullary bone, so I assume it's some sort of pathology. Has anyone seen anything similar?

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac137/ossamentaDW/Benbilder/BFRfowltibiotarsus.jpg

Any ideas would be appreciated.
/Lena

------