John Gordon wrote:
> Can we not lobby ATLAS again to accept that the traffic
> to a site should not just be based on the amount of disk they have
> but some function of the network bandwidth and disk.

The problem is not the volume of data ATLAS wish to transfer to us. The
problem is that traffic from RAL peaks at greater than 1Gbit. You can't
squeeze more than 1Gbit through a 1Gbit pipe, so traffic will get
dropped. The question is which packets routers should drop.

We don't really care too much about the bulk data traffic, but job
submission, lcg-cr etc packets get dropped too - and that seems to cause
these applications a problem.

>  One obviously
> can't just change from disk to bandwidth or a site with a fat pipe
 > and not much disk would suffer a different fate.

Indeed.

Chris