RGS Sexualities, Space and Queer Research Group

Call for Sponsored Sessions RGS-IBG 2011

Deadline for session proposals: 26th November 2010
(RGS deadline is 3rd December but we will need time to collate all SSQRG sponsored sessions)

Dear all,

We are still open to receiving ideas for sessions that SSQRG could sponsor at the RGS-IBG 2011.

The conference will run from 31st August - 2nd September 2011 at the RGS and Imperial College in London.

A few ideas for sessions were discussed at this year's AGM, and I hope that many of those will come to fruition, but I am also sure that many more of you have exciting ideas for sessions this coming year.  We are keen to encourage sessions on a wide-range of themes relating to the geographies of sexualities and queer theorising in geography. If your proposal links with the theme of the conference, which is The Geographical Imagination, so much the better - think creatively about that!  We are always happy to co-sponsor sessions with other Research Groups too.

Sessions may take the form of presented papers, panels, practitioner forums, discussions or workshops.  Innovative sessions and formats are encouraged.  Sessions are 1 hour 40 minutes long.   Most sessions will contain five 20-minute presentations (which includes time for questions), or four 20-minute presentations with discussion and questions at the end.  All sessions will be reviewed and approved by the Conference Planning Committee.

To apply for SSQRG sponsorship of your session, please send a session proposal (max 400 words), the name of the session convenor(s) and the session format (e.g. panel, paper session, discussion) to me, Gavin ([log in to unmask]) by 26th November 2010.

Further details about the conference can be found at:
www.rgs.org/AC2011.

We're looking forward to receiving your proposals

Best wishes

Gavin

Dr Gavin Brown
Lecturer in Human Geography
Department of Geography
F57, Bennett Building
University of Leicester
Leicester LE1 7RH

Tel.: 0116 252 3858

Chair, Sexualities, Space and Queer Research Group (SSQRG) of the RGS-IBG