Dear Haoran,

You should keep in mind that both a single dipole (in the ECD option) and a cortical patch (in the IMG option) can effectively summarize the activity of an extended cortical area and not just a single point, because EEG and MEG have a much lower spatial precision than fMRI. So effectively you can think of it as a ROI centered at the coordinates you specify.

Best,

Vladimir