Hi All,

I have also noticed that the DCM10 model estimation process is taking _significantly_ longer to complete as compared to that run in the earlier SPM version.  This is the case even with a relatively simple model (with only 2 VOIs).  Has anyone else noticed this issue?  Can anything be done to improve the processing speed?

Thanks,
Emily Parks

To protect your privacy, remote images are blocked in this message. Display images

Dear DCMers,

I played a little bit around with DCM10, and found considerable difference compared to earlier versions of DCM when estimating an identical 6 regions motor network model. For example, connections which were strongly negative in the "old DCM" version (DCM.Ep) were strongly positive in DCM10 (1-state, bilinear, no stochastic). If I run more complex models in DCM10, it takes 6 (!) times longer than in earlier SPM8 versions...Coupling estimates in DCM10 are sometimes unusually big (close to 1.0). Is there any way to compare "old DCMs" with "new DCMs" to get a feeling of what has changed (and more importantly: what is correct)?

Best regards,

Christian
Dr. med. Christian Grefkes

Zentrum für Neurologie und Psychiatrie
Universität zu Köln
Kerpener Straße 62, 50924 Köln
phone: +49-221-4726-310
fax: +49-221-478-7005
http://neurologie-psychiatrie.uk-koeln.de/

Max Planck Institute for Neurological Research
Research Group Leader
Neuromodulation & Neurorehabilitation
Gleueler Str. 50, 50931 Köln
phone: +49-221-4726-310