Dear Kambiz,

Yes, you can use SPM functions to analyse 2D time-frequency images.
See http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15663957

In practice you can either convert your TF matrices to images using
your own code or convert your TF data to Fieldtrip freq structure and
then use spm_eeg_ft2spm to convert this struct to SPM dataset and
subsequently convert it to images using the SPM function in 'Other'.

Best,

Vladimir

Sent from my iPad