Dear Franz, Christian-

Depending on image sequence/quality, if you are having problems removing dura/skull adequaltely using/tweaking SPM/VBM8 toolboxes inhomogeneity correction/regularization parameters, you can try using another program (e.g., FSL- BET, MIPAV- N3 & SPECTRE) that may do a better job.

Christian, if one were to do this, would any changes need to be made to VBM8 toolbox processing if beginning with skull-stripped images?

Any comments from anyone else on what considerations, if any, when using SPM's New Segment for VBM if beginning with skull-stripped images?

HTH-

-Julie

Julie E. McEntee, MA, CCRP
Image Processing Technologist
Center for Neuroscience & Regenerative Medicine, NIH/USUHS
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine
NIH Clinical Center
B1N264B
301-451-1869

Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences
Division of Psychiatric Neuroimaging
The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine