Hello all,

I have a 20-subject sample who performed a sparse-sampling auditory
perception task. I modelled the task-hrf  using the time derivative and
looked at the contrasts across three conditions A,B, C, with respect to
baseline. I preprocessed the dataset using two different co-registration
steps. In one, I used the functional task means as reference and the
structural t1 image as the source to be modified, following which I
normalised all realigned functional images to the co-registered structural
(without segmentation) in the MNI space.In the second method, I used the
structural t1 image as the reference and functional task means as the source
and realigned all other functional images for the coregistration step.
Following this, I normalised the coregistered functional images to the
coregistered task means functional image in the same MNI space, once again
without segmentation. I used the same model for both first level and second
level analysis in both methods. All other parameters were kept same.
However, I get vastly different results in the group activation.

From what I understand, both the above methods of coregistration should
theoretically yield similar results. However, I do not seem to be getting
that.

Could anyone comment/explain this discrepancy?

Thanks.
Megha Sharda

--
Megha Sharda