> This short is included as an extra on the DVD of George Cukor's ROMEO
> AND JULIET. I agree that it's a terrific little film.

Funny you should mention that. I showed it in class last week as an example of the evolution of the Shakespeare documentary (if you do not know, it has both fictive and documentary elements). My students howled with laughter at some of the thirties style elements that were unfamiliar to them, the Shakespearean legends treated as facts, and the shifts in pace to make certain moments meaningful. Einstein was right. It all depends on where you are sitting.

all the best,
Mike Jensen

author site:
www.michaelpjensen.com