*I am working on this as well, so let me add these to Katherine's excellent
list:
*

Barnouw, Eric. *Tube of Plenty: The Evolution of American Television.*

MacCabe, Colin. *High Theory/Low Culture: Analyzing popular television and
film*.

Spigel, Lynn, and Jan Olsson. *Television After Tv: Essays on a Medium in
Transition*.

*All the best,
Ellen
*

--
"It is well the people of the nation do not understand our banking and
monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution

  BOOYAH!
Ellen Joy Letostak
Department of English
University of Florida