Hello,
The Wellcome Library used to run the events list for the psci-com
gateway (http://www.intute.ac.uk/pscicom/ on the Intute site, but the
service ended in April 2009, mainly because it was very labour intensive
for us. It consisted of a rolling list of events and an online form
where people could submit details of their events, which we then
uploaded to the website. We did have regular submissions from quite a
few contributors, but to be honest there was not much comeback when we
stopped running the service, and we kept a covering webpage for a while
with of various websites offering events details but I don't think it
got many hits.

Technology has moved on and an interactive site would probably be more
effective. I recall that someone posted something to the list last year
about setting up a google calendar for science and society events, but I
don't know if this ever got off the ground. We still have details of
sites providing public engagement/sci comm events listings if anyone
wants to take up the baton, but bear in mind that they're over a year
old.

best wishes
Lalita

Lalita Kaplish
Discovery and Engagement
Wellcome Library
Wellcome Trust
183 Euston Road
London NW1 2BE, UK

T +44 (0)20 7611 7316
The Wellcome Trust is a charity registered in
England, no. 210183. Its sole trustee is The Wellcome
Trust Limited, a company registered in England,
no. 2711000, whose registered office is at
215 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE, UK.

This message has been scanned for viruses by Websense Hosted Email Security - www.websense.com